I was so sad to learn that Perspectives Press is going out of business on December 31, 2011. I don't know what led to this decision but I can only imagine that it's a hard time to be an independent book publisher right now. Perspectives Press is the publisher of some of the best-regarded titles in adoption, foster care and infertility. All of their titles are 50% OFF until they sell out or until December 31st. Some of their most popular works include:
- A Child's Journey Through Placement - Was $20, now $10 - A great book for foster parents and anyone working with foster children.
- Attaching in Adoption - Was $24.95, now $12.48 - A critical guide to the attachment issues/process in adoption.
- Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft - Was $15, now $7.50 - The only book to focus specifically on adoption of toddlers. I found it very insightful.
- Brothers & Sisters in Adoption - Was $30, now $15 - This one's been on my wishlist for a while now!
- Sam's Sister - Was $18, now $9 - For older children who are experiencing the adoption of a new sibling
- Inside Transracial Adoption - Was $24.95, now $12.48 - Heard great things about this one, too.